Private Midwife Care and Fees
What does our Private Midwife Care offer you?
- We offer two highly experienced midwives who provide friendly, private midwifery care for all your pregnancy, labour, the birth and after baby is born.
- We offer regular, unhurried private antenatal appointments in your home where we check on you and your and baby’s health with time to discuss any fears or concerns and discuss plans for the birth with you and your partner.
- We can provide all midwife care either for homebirth or for birth in hospital from early labour until after baby is born. We stay with you throughout your labour no matter how long your birth is.
- We can provide birthing pools and TENS machine hire and gas and air if needed.
- Our private midwifery care is individually tailored to your needs. We spend time with you to build a professional friendship so that you both feel safe, supported and empowered in your choices and decisions.
- We are available for telephone support and advice (in addition to regular antenatal appointments) and will be on-call for you 24/7 from 37 weeks of pregnancy for your birth.
- We arrange all blood tests and scans and consultant appointments should you require them
- We are regularly in trained in dealing with emergencies for both mother and baby and carry equipment and drugs for this purpose
- We are committed to enabling you and your partner to make the best choices possible for you and your baby during pregnancy, labour and birth and in the weeks after the birth. For this we offer you the most recent research-based information on all relevant topics.
- We maintain excellent links with our NHS colleagues as between us both we have worked in all local maternity units. We can arrange Consultant appointments or any extra tests for you should they be required. We will come with you to any hospital appointment if you wish.
- After your baby is born, we provide expert private postnatal midwifery care, checking on you and your baby’s wellbeing daily to begin with for up to a month after birth; giving advice on practical babycare; supporting you with breastfeeding and providing emotional support and guidance to you and your partner as you all adjust to family life together.
NEWS FLASH – WESSEX INDEPENDENT MIDWIVES HAVE SECURED LABOUR COVER LOCALLY, SO CAN OFFER FULL CARE THROUGHOUT YOUR PREGNANCY, BIRTH AND POSTNATAL PERIOD AFTER OCT 2013. please continue to enquire despite current media coverage.
Fee : £3,250. Travel costs may apply in some cases which we will discuss with you. Payment plans may be arranged in circumstances and some health insurance policies may cover our fees. Please call to enquire. We will arrange a consultation where you can meet us, ask as many questions as you need and decide if we are the right midwives for you. This consultation costs £75 but is deducted from the total cost if you boook with us.