Private Independent Midwife Care in Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire
Caroline, Chrissy and Erika welcome you to their website.
We work as a private midwives outside of the National Health Service in a self-employed capacity. Wessex Independent Midwives is our independent practice which offers a complete private midwife service in Poole, Bournemouth, Ringwood, Salisbury, and surrounding areas of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire. We can provide all your antenatal care, labour and birth care either at home or in hospital and postnatal care. We believe passionately in a woman’s ability to birth her baby and we provide support and information to enable her to make informed choices on how and where to birth.
- A midwife they have chosen, who will be there throughout the pregnancy, birth and postnatal period.
- A midwife who truly understands and respects you as an individual.
- A midwife who will provide you with recent evidence based information and support you in making informed decisions about your care.
- A midwife who truly understand the journey of natural birth and how to maintain an environment to enable this.
- A midwife who cares for the whole family unit throughout the pregnancy, birth and postnatal period.
Why choose Wessex Independent Midwives? Some clients talk about their experiences here
Our professional practice is guided by the Midwives Rules and regulated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). We are also each supported by a Supervisor of Midwives. We undergo regular training in emergency skills and our practice is informed by the most recent midwifery research.
By choosing our independent midwife care you will feel safe and supported throughout your pregnancy, during the birth and postnatally. You will be able to relax, knowing that you have a relationship of trust with a midwife who knows what you want and truly respects your wishes.
“Thank you so much for devoted support during my pregnancy and above all during the birth of our son, Dylan Arthur Busbridge…. I really felt held and warmly surrounded, yet free too”. Jessie de Sutter Busbridge
Please take a look around our website and see how we may be able to help you.
- Independent Midwifery Care
- Antenatal classes
- Breastfeeding support
- Tongue Tie Division
- Becoming a midwife
Please note; Regarding news surrounding insurance for midwives – legislation has not passed and therefore all Independent Midwives are legally able to practice. Wessex Independent Midwives will explain more during our consultation.