Caroline, Rachel and Erika welcome you to their website.
We Offer Private Independent Midwife Care, Antenatal classes, Tongue Tie division and Placenta Encapsulation in Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire
We are private self-employed midwives working in Poole, Bournemouth, Ringwood, Salisbury, and surrounding areas of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
We offer a range of services for families during this precious and special time and work with you to offer personal one to one midwifery services to suit you. We can provide all your antenatal care, labour and birth care either at home or in hospital and postnatal care, or, if you need personal antenatal classes, breastfeeding support or tongue tie division to top up your NHS care, we can provide this too.
We believe passionately in a woman’s ability to birth her baby and we provide support and information to build your confidence and enable you to make informed choices on how and where to birth.
We feel that women have the right to
- A midwife they have chosen, who will be there throughout the pregnancy, birth and postnatal period
- A midwife who truly understands and respects you as an individual
- A midwife who will provide you with recent evidence based information and support you in making informed decisions about your care
- A midwife who truly understands the journey of natural birth and how to maintain an environment to enable this
- A midwife who cares for the whole family unit throughout the pregnancy, birth and postnatal period.
Why choose Wessex Independent Midwives? Some clients talk about their experiences here
Our professional practice is guided by the Midwives Rules and regulated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). We are also each supported by a Supervisor of Midwives. We undergo regular training in emergency skills and our practice is informed by the most recent midwifery research.
By choosing our independent midwife care you will feel safe and supported throughout your pregnancy, during the birth and postnatally. You will be able to relax, knowing that you have a relationship of trust with a midwife who knows what you want and truly respects your wishes.
“Thank you so much for devoted support during my pregnancy and above all during the birth of our son, Dylan Arthur Busbridge…. I really felt held and warmly surrounded, yet free too”. Jessie de Sutter Busbridge
Please take a look around our website and see how we may be able to help you.
- Independent Midwifery Care
- Antenatal classes
- Breastfeeding support
- Tongue Tie Division
- Becoming a midwife